why did 1Password ask for me to allow an address in Ashford Kent UK permission to access iCloud ?

AlandJaim
AlandJaim
Community Member

my husband and I are disabled. Please

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:why did 1Password ask for me to allow and address in Ashford Kent permission to access iCloud

Comments

• Hi @AlandJaim,

It seems your question may be regarding 1Password for Mac, rather than 1Password for iOS. Is that correct? I've moved this over to our Mac forum. :)

Are you sure it was 1Password doing the asking, and not some 3rd party utility like LittleSnitch? Do you have a screenshot of the message that you received?

Thanks.

Ben

• AlandJaim
    AlandJaim
    Community Member

Sorry Ben I don't have a screen shot for you. It said this identity was already being used in Ashford in Kent UK. It also gave me this number : 133939. Thanks

• AlandJaim
    AlandJaim
    Community Member

Sorry it was for1Password for Mac

• @AlandJaim

Did the prompt look like this? If so that is coming from Apple, not 1Password:

Apple has a support article on this here:

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Ben

• AlandJaim
    AlandJaim
    Community Member

Oh I see. Yes it was like that. Does that mean I am safe then. Can I ask you one more thing? I am using 1Password 6.7.1 is this the latest !Password? Many, many thanks Ben.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

@AlandJaim

If memory serves me correctly 6.7 is the MAS release version and 6.7.1 is the direct download version from the website. The small numbering difference is simply to allow ease of identification of which place the staff are working from (either MAS or website) when assisting customers or diagnosing problems.

MAS - Mac App Store

You can always see the latest version from this link, as well as betas. 1Password / AgileBIts update server

• AlandJaim
    AlandJaim
    Community Member

Are you still there Ben?

• @AlandJaim

Are you still there Ben?

This isn't a live chat. It is a discussion forum. So conversations do not happen in real time (think of it more like the speed of email).

Does that mean I am safe then.

I cannot make that assessment for you. If you were not logging into an Apple service on a device in the specified location then I'd think that would be cause for further investigation (perhaps a call to Apple).

I am using 1Password 6.7.1 is this the latest 1Password?

Yes. We have a guide on checking for updates here:

How to keep 1Password up to date - 1Password Support

Ben

• AlandJaim
    AlandJaim
    Community Member

Thank You Again Dear Ben. Take Care. Bye

• You're most welcome. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.