Access 1Password Account from New & Old Mac Computers

paulkelly
paulkelly
Community Member

Want to access my 1Password account from a new devise as well as retain access from older Mac.

1Password Version: 5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Want to access my 1Password account from a new devise as well as retain access from older Mac.

Comments

• mrstucci
    mrstucci
    Community Member

I have a similar question... My MacBook Pro is in the shop for a few days and I am using my husband's MacBook Pro. I would like to be able to access the passwords on his computer....

• Hi folks,

If you're using a 1Password membership account you can simply download the appropriate app and sign into your account:

Downloads - 1Password

Or, if this is a temporary setup, as in your case @mrstucci, you may want to sign into the 1Password.com web interface instead:

1Password

If you are not using a 1Password membership then you'll need to install 1Password and then manually set up syncing with your existing devices:

Sync your 1Password data

You can read about the benefits of moving to a membership here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• @paulkelly

Also, to add, if you are truly running 1Password 5 for Mac, you can update for free to 1Password 6 for Mac, but may have to download it from our website (the auto-updater may not work):

Downloads - 1Password

:)

Ben

• mrstucci
    mrstucci
    Community Member

Thank you, Ben! I got it sorted out. It just took awhile. Thanks again, Judy

• Thanks for the update Judy. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.