Automatic fill

hpbonnema
hpbonnema
Community Member

Hi,

I have always been using Firefox as a webbrowser, with the 1Password Add-on. Never had any issues and worked flawlessly.
Suddenly I am having problems with the automatic fill feature. It simply does not work anymore. I now have to copy/paste the username and password for each website/account I want to use/open. Very annoying. What is going on and how can I fix this?? Please help.
I am using FF Version 54.0.1 64 bit on a Mac (2015). Also in Safari with the same Add-on I have these problems btw.

Hope to hear soon.
Kind regards,
Hans-Peter
The Netherlands

1Password Version: 1Password Version 5.1 (510027) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS SIERRA
Sync Type: Wifi

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hpbonnema: Heya, Hans-Peter! Thanks for reaching out. Without knowing the 1Password extension version you're using it's hard to say for certain, but at least part of the problem is that you're using a very out of date version of 1Password for Mac. Please do the following:

1. Drag the 1Password 5 app to the Trash — do not use a "cleaner" app!
    2. Remove the 1Password extension from your browsers
    3. Restart your Mac
    4. Download the latest version of 1Password from our website
    5. Open the 1Password installer from your Downloads folder and setup the app (you'll probably need to enter your macOS user account password to allow this)
    6. Once you've installed the new version of 1Password, open it from your Applications folder and migrate your data
    7. Install the latest 1Password extension in Firefox and Safari

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• hpbonnema
    hpbonnema
    Community Member

Dear Brenty,
    Thank you for your swift answer.
    Before I do the above, please be aware that I purchased this (by the way perfect) programme one day in the believe that I would be able to keep using it without any problems. I would love to update it all, but does that mean that I would AGAIN have to purchase a new(er) version??
    Regards,
    H.P.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@hpbonnema: It isn't possible for it to work for you forever, as technology changes over time, but your purchase does entitle you to use that version as long as you have equipment to run it on! And if you purchased version 4 or 5, version 6 is a free upgrade.

However, I should mentioned something. If you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, you should install it from there at step 4 instead of our website.

• hpbonnema
    hpbonnema
    Community Member

I understand that Brenty ;-)
    I have executed the above steps and am now using 1Password version 6.7. with FF 54.0.1 (64-bits).
    I have also refreshed my FF because I did not succeeded in getting the extension in my toolbar. I got that now fixed.
    Now, when I try to automatically fill my login and password from the toolbar, I do NOT get a notification anymore, as before... so that is good.... however, it looks like I still have the "just-read" version and therefor are still unable to automatically fill the passwords. It looks like I still need a new license at a price of € 69,99 for which I have already paid in the past.
    I have always been able to automatically fill passwords from 1 Password and I (once) already bought the license.
    Can you retrieve the (my) license code perhaps, based on my data?? I expect to be able to continue the license I once purchased.

Thanks again!
    Regards, Hans-Peter

• @hpbonnema,

It sounds like you possibly installed from the Mac App Store instead of @brenty's instructions (number 4). The Mac App Store version is not able to recognize your license because of requirements set by Apple. You must install directly from our website.

Rudy

• hpbonnema
    hpbonnema
    Community Member

I'm back on track guys, although it took some time and effort!
    Thanks!
    Cheers

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.