I bought an individual license, but my extension says 'Trial expired'.

bctierney
bctierney
Community Member
edited July 2017 in Mac

I bought an individual license, but my extension says 'Trial expired'. I've tried uninstalling the extension (Chrome) and reinstalling it, but it still shows 'Trial Expired'.

See the screenshot here: admin edit: removed customer private information

Thanks,

Camella

P.S. I don't know the Sync Type

1Password Version: Version 3.8.21 (build 32009)
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:my extension shows 'trial expired' but I have bought an individual license

Comments

• @bctierney,

Thanks for writing in with your question. I do see that you purchased a license for 1Password 6, but it appears you haven't applied that license on your computer yet. You should have received an email from us at the time of purchase that contained a link that says "Click here to Apply Your 1Password License". Simply click that and it should make that message go away.

Let us know if you have any difficulty and we'll see what the next step is.

Rudy

• bctierney
    bctierney
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

Thanks Rudy,

I did get that email and when I clicked on the 'Click here to apply your 1Password License', I was taken to another screen that says 'Apply your 1Password License', and when I click on that link I'm prompted to either Open 1Password, or Don't Open 1Password. When I click Open 1Password I get the following error message: There was an error downloading the license, try again later or register it manually, like you see here: admin edit: removed customer private information

I thought I had registered it manually, because when I open the application and select License, I see my license and it says it's registered, like you see here: admin edit: removed customer private information

It's only in the Extension that I see the message 'Trial Expired'

What should I do?

Thanks,

Camella

• Hi @bctierney,

That's really strange that the web browser is opening 1Password 3 to handle that link. From your original screenshot you definitely have 1Password 6 installed.

What happens if you :
    1. hold down the option key when you click the "apply link"
    2. open 1Password 6.app
    3. open the license… window from the 1Password 6 menu on the left of the screen
    4. take the file from step 1 (its in your downloads folder) and drag it onto the license window

Rudy

• bctierney
    bctierney
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

Is this what you were looking for?

admin edit: removed customer private information

• bctierney
    bctierney
    Community Member

Hi Rudy,

Thanks for protecting my private information and removing it. I'm not sure what to do from here. Please let me know soon as you have the chance.

Thanks,

Camella

• @bctierney,

that information looked like what i would expect to see inside the license file. Did dragging that onto the license window in 1Password 6 result in it becoming licensed?

Rudy

• bctierney
    bctierney
    Community Member

No, I still see the Trial Expired in my Chrome extension, and still only shows Version 3.8.21 (build 32009) in the app. Should I walk through the steps of manually registering my license? If so, please provide those steps so I know I've done it correctly.
    I can't believe all the trouble I'm having with this, it wasn't cheap!

Thanks,
    Camella

• @bctierney,

I apologize, i thought you already had 1Password 6 installed. You'll want to grab the latest version from https://1password.com/downloads and then follow the directions at https://support.1password.com/upgrade-mac/ to move your data from 1Password 3 to 1Password 6.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.