Irritating User interface bug [not prompted to save changes to item when selecting a different one]

iherman
iherman
Community Member
edited July 2017 in Mac

I had to fill in a large amount of data (being a new user), and one bug I found that was really irritating is as follows. If I fill in new data (eg, add a tag), and I forget to say 'save' and just click on another item (o.k., I am old and stupid doing so, but I may not be the only one) then all my changes are silently lost. Any decent UI would ask me, at this point, whether I really want to quit the editing without saving my changes...

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @iherman,

Thanks for writing in, we agree that that is an awful behavior. We have this resolved in the upcoming 6.8 update, it will prompt you to save in all of the scenarios where you're switching context and it would otherwise put the item into a "resume editing" state.

Rudy

• iherman
    iherman
    Community Member

Thanks @rudy!

• @iherman,

:) :+1:

Rudy

• iherman
    iherman
    Community Member

@rudy, I am not sure how you close an issue like this (yep, I am used to Github...) but this issue can certainly be closed now. The latest update does things exactly as you said it would!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No problem! I'll close this now that you've confirmed that the update resolved this for you. Don't hesitate to open a new discussion if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.