To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

When Travel Mode is enabled, can Master Key and/or Secret Key still be extracted from the device?

Options
hotpancakes
hotpancakes
Community Member

When Travel Mode is enabled, can the Master Key and/or Secret Key still be extracted from the device? (Assuming I have TouchID enabled on iOS and MacOS).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @hotpancakes - Great question! When Travel Mode is enabled only the vaults not marked "safe for travel" are removed from the device not the account itself. You will be able to access any vault(s) marked safe for travel and account settings. You will still be able to access your Secret Key if the account is associated to that device. :+1:

I hope that helps and thank you for asking :smile: Have a fantastic day!

• hotpancakes
    hotpancakes
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Frank. So if I'm not mistaken, with TouchID enabled, both your Secret Key and Master Password are stored on the device and can be extracted? If so, this seems like it would break forward secrecy, no?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @hotpancakes,

The Secret Key is always stored on your authorized devices. You can read about how Touch ID protects you with 1Password for iOS here:

About Touch ID security in 1Password for iOS - 1Password Support

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.