Mac OS X 10.10 Preference Error - could not load iCloud

Reeva
Reeva
Community Member

Hi there, just installed 1Password on my home iMac and tried to configure it to sync with my iCloud, tried rebooting and running disk permissions but still won't load, any ideas

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:could not load iCloud preferences pane

Comments

• rudy
    edited July 2017

@reeva,

Disk permissions shouldn't factor into 1Password syncing with iCloud since 1Password makes use of CloudKit to do its syncing which is not in any way related to iCloud Drive.

Where is the "could not load iCloud" error being displayed?

Rudy

• Reeva
    Reeva
    Community Member

@rudy sorry for not getting back sooner, I've been on holiday. The message "could not load iCloud" comes up when I select the "iCloud" icon in "System Preferences"

regards
    Paul

Mac OS X 10.10.5

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

Hi Paul ( @Reeva )

Thank you for your reply. If I understand correctly, you cannot see iCloud in your computer in general, not only in 1Password. Is this correct? If this is the case, then I think you might have to do some deeper troubleshooting directly with the help of Apple, but I hope this article from them might give you a good start.

If I misunderstood and you are having a different issue, could you please give us some more details and maybe a screenshot? Please let us know how all this goes for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.