To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Recover master password and/or reorder vaults?

Options
toby_lookahead
toby_lookahead
Community Member

I have a few vaults, ordered in my 1P app like so:

• "Primary" - synced via Dropbox
  • Team subscription
  • Personal subscription (I have just added this one)

I have just subscribed to 1P so I need to remove the old "primary" vault. However, if I do that then the next vault in line becomes the source of the master password to unlock the app. Trouble is, I don't remember the master password for the team subscription account.

How do I a) recover that password, and/or (ideally "and") b) reorder the vaults so that my personal subscription master password becomes the one I use to unlock the app?

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.6
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Frank
    edited July 2017
    Options

Hi @toby_lookahead - Great question and I appreciate you contacting us to ask :smile: You're right, if the Primary vault is removed, the first 1Password.com account that was added will be the new Master Password going forward. With 1Password Teams we have a solution. I recommend contacting the Owner or Admin of the Teams account. They will be able to place your account into recovery mode. When your account is placed into recovery, we will provide you with a new Secret Key and you will have the opportunity to change your Master Password. After your account is recovered, make sure to print out your Emergency Kit then write your new Master Password in the provided space at the bottom. I hope this helped and keep us posted if you run into any questions along the way. We'll be here to assist.

This discussion has been closed.