Can't login to add new user

Hello,
I'm trying to login to my company's teams site to add a new employee. I have the correct email address and account key (both accessible from the 1Password app on my Mac, which I can unlock). However, the master password (which does unlock the vault on my machine) is rejected and I can't access the control panel.

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @sidneyvanness - Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry for the login troubles. It sounds like you were using 1Password prior to the Teams account. May I ask, did you use the same Master Password you were originally using to unlock the apps when the Teams account was set up? You could have two Master Passwords: your original one that unlocks the apps since it's tied to your original Primary vault and the new one used to sign into the 1Password Teams account. Can you try to sign into the Teams account using the Master Password you created when the account was set up initially? Keep me posted if you were able to sign into the account or if you're still running into an issue. Just a friendly reminder to not share anything private here since this a public forum. We can always move the conversation over to email :smile:

• sidneyvanness
    sidneyvanness
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

move to email. [Removed by AgileBits]

• sidneyvanness
    sidneyvanness
    Community Member

I got in. I'm a dummy. Yes, they were different passwords. Is there a simple way to ensure that the password on my teams login is always the same as the vault on the local 1password application? As the name implies...I want to remember ONE password. Brain too small for two.

• Hi @sidneyvanness - That's fantastic news and thank you for letting me know. I'm glad to hear you were able to regain access to the Teams account. Did you migrate all your existing 1Password data over to your Private vault that is associated to the Teams account? If so, once you delete your Primary vault, your Master Password for the Teams account will be the default going forward to unlock the apps. Keep us posted if you need any help deleting your Primary vault or moving any data over to the 1Password Teams account. We'll be here to help :smile:

This discussion has been closed.