Autofill with 1Click Bookmarks

Options
VirgilBoy
VirgilBoy
Community Member

I had half a dozen banking bookmarks set up for 1Click with the MAS version of 1PW. They were working just fine.

Yesterday, signed on for the 6 month membership trial. Now there are problems with autofill for these bookmarks with the downloaded 6.7.1 and 6.8 versions of 1PW. I have tried uninstalling the extension in Safari and reinstalling, but no luck. Have restarted the MacBook as well.

What did the new versions of 1PW break???? Not happy!!!

1Password Version: 6.71, 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.7
OS Version: OS X 10.12.5
Sync Type: account

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @VirgilBoy

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Did you move the Login items these bookmarks are associated with from one vault to another (e.x. from your Primary vault to a new 1Password membership based vault)? If so then that is the problem. Moving an item between vaults cases it to receive a new unique identifier, which invalidates any old links to that item. You'd need to re-create the bookmarks using the new identifier (create the bookmarks from the items' new location).

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben

I previously only had the 1 vault. As I converted to the membership, 1PW's membership process moved all items into a vault. Really nothing complicated in my former setup. I hope that answers you clearly.

I did open 1PW and recreate all my banking logins, but that really made no difference. As I further tested this morning, maybe 1 out of my 6 1Click logins auto-filled. The rest, I had to use the Command-/ to fill.

Just tested now, and like earlier this morning, only the first one on my list auto-filled. The pages are loading quickly, so no time-out is occurring.

John

• rudy
    Options

@VirgilBoy,

From the latest update it does indeed sound like @Ben is correct in his assessment. 1Click bookmarks are tied to the specific instance of the item in a particular vault. Moving them to the membership did indeed break that linkage. You'll want to recreate those 1Click bookmarks in order to remedy the situation.

Rudy

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rudy

My 10:33 AM message stated this:

"I did open 1PW and recreate all my banking logins, but that really made no difference."

I opened 1PW and dragged the appropriate icons onto my Safari favourites menu. This is what you are referring to as the fix???

John

• Ben
    Options

John,

Re-creating the login items isn't necessary, but re-creating the bookmarks is. Dragging the logins to the Safari favorites bar should help.

Ben

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben. I think we are not on the same page here, as far as wording.

Please be a bit more specific as to what you mean by re-creating the bookmarks....

Thanks

• Ben
    Options

@VirgilBoy

Please try this:

• Delete the 1Password 1Click bookmarks that you currently have from Safari by right clicking on them and selecting delete:

• Drag the login items you'd like to have 1Click bookmarks for from 1Password to Safari's bookmarks bar:

Thanks. :)

Ben

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben

That process is what I was describing in my comments above : "I did open 1PW and recreate all my banking logins, but that really made no difference."

So, been there, done that, numerous times. I just restarted the MacBook, and recreated one of the banking 1Click bookmarks. Still not autofilling, and 2 bookmarks that autofilled this morning are NOT autofilling right now.

• Ben
    Options

@VirgilBoy,

Is 1Password working in your browser for other functions besides 1Click Bookmarks? E.x. if you visit one of these pages and hit Command+\ on your keyboard, or click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, does 1Password fill the login?

Ben

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Ben

Any other bookmarks seem to autofill just fine. The Command-/ works reliably, thank goodness.

The issue is still as described originally....just 1Click bookmarks have stopped working normally since I went from MAS version to account versions of 1PW on my 2 Macs.. 2 out of the 6 do auto-fill maybe 50% of the time.

I tested on my iMac as well...no difference. The bookmarks are synched via iCloud.

• Ben
    Options

@VirgilBoy,

I'm not able to reproduce the problem you're describing. I've created 1Click bookmarks from various Login items stored in my 1Password membership vault and all of them work all of the time.

The next troubleshooting step I would suggest trying is manually re-saving the items that are not working properly, deleting the 1Click bookmarks for them, and then re-creating them from the newly saved login items using the procedure described above.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

They worked on the first test after creating as you described. Second test...back to not auto-filling

• rudy
    Options

@VirgilBoy,

You mention that you're syncing these 1Click bookmarks between computers using iCloud? Do they succeed on the machine they were originally created on and fail on the machine that they were synced to via Safari/iCloud?

Rudy

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

I can't say for sure which Mac they were created on. A discovery last night, that implies Safari could be failing to play nicely. If I quit and restart Safari, that seems to make the 1Click work better.

I will post more info once I have tested further. And I personally don't think it is Safari on just the MacBook that exhibits the issue, since both iMac and MacBook are involved.

Thank, Rudy

• rudy
    Options

@VirgilBoy,

That's certainly strange, definitely let us know what you find.

Rudy

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rudy

It looks like things are back to normal. And that happened after I decided to uninstall the Safari and install the newer 4.6.9 version on both my Macs. At this point, I believe that we can close this troubleshooting thread. Thanks for the assistance.

BTW, are there no notifications from 1PW stating that a newer extension is available? I don't recall ever seeing anything.

• rudy
    Options

@VirgilBoy,

That's good to hear. Safari's extension gallery takes a really long time to approve updates and their updating mechanism is tightly integrated with that approval process. I think they're still showing 4.6.7 as the latest version.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.