Android license required?

cezi
cezi
Community Member

i am a long time user of 1password on imac and imac, no problems with the local syncing;
some time ago i bought an android mobile and started to use 1password on that as well;
however, syncing stopped! due to expiration of the trial period, it says;
i am now invited to pay 11,16 euros to pay for the app to return its functionality;
questions:
a. is this a one time payment i must do to use 1pw on the android 'forever' with all the functionalities?
b. can i avoid getting a membership of 1pw by doing this?
c. will i allways be able to sync locally (wlan) since i dislike the idea of sendig my passwords to an unknown place (cloud) to me

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

a. is this a one time payment i must do to use 1pw on the android 'forever' with all the functionalities?

@cezi: Correct, if you haven't purchased 1Password for Android it will be in trial mode. The Pro features purchase will unlock the trial restrictions for this version across all of your devices using the same Google Account.

b. can i avoid getting a membership of 1pw by doing this?

Sure, but to get all of the other apps, the web interface, and never have to deal with purchasing new licenses or troubleshooting sync, these and other benefits are only available with a 1Password.com membership.

c. will i allways be able to sync locally (wlan) since i dislike the idea of sendig my passwords to an unknown place (cloud) to me

I can't promise you "always", as there's a lot that could change in the future with the OS and networking technology, but I can tell you that we dislike the idea of sending our passwords to an unknown place too. That's why 1Password doesn't work that way. The data is encrypted locally on each device before being sent to the server, and the "keys" to decrypt it are never transmitted to AgileBits, so that only we ever have the means to decrypt our own data. You can try it for free for 30 days to see for yourself, and be sure to check our security white paper if you're interested in how it all works. Cheers! :)

• cezi
    cezi
    Community Member

while i am waiting for an answer i have another observation, related to what i wrote;
    after i submitted the order to sync between my imac and android i got the positive message that sync was succesfully while nothing had happened on my android; tried it a number of times and every time the same result: succesful sync; i kept looking for errors on my side, what did i do wrong, but could not find anything; only after i tried to add a new record on android i got the message that i should send money to agilebits!
    of course the message, after trying to sync, should have been: sync has failed because your trial period has experiod; that would have saved me quite some time to figure out what was going on

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

while i am waiting for an answer i have another observation, related to what i wrote; after i submitted the order to sync between my imac and android i got the positive message that sync was succesfully while nothing had happened on my android; tried it a number of times and every time the same result: succesful sync; i kept looking for errors on my side, what did i do wrong, but could not find anything; only after i tried to add a new record on android i got the message that i should send money to agilebits! of course the message, after trying to sync, should have been: sync has failed because your trial period has experiod; that would have saved me quite some time to figure out what was going on

@cezi: Thanks for the additional details. Unfortunately without some basic information you also left out of your first post it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, it sounds like you're using WLAN server. Have you tried syncing via an ad-hoc connection? Be sure to follow the steps in this guide, as it will help narrow down the problem:

If you're having trouble using the WLAN server

Let me know what you find! :)

• cezi
    cezi
    Community Member

thanks for your info;
    i bought the android app
    now i can add records on the android, fine;
    but syncing does not work!!
    it says: succesful syncing using WLAN but on the android no changes are made;

very disappointing; i have put so much effort in this

i am using:
    android 7.1.1
    imac 10.11.6
    1password imac 6.6.1
    1password android 6.5.3
    1password ipad 6.8
    syncing between imac and ipad is ok

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cezi: Sorry to hear you're still having trouble. At this point, the best thing to do will be to restart your devices, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report for each one — Mac, iPad, and Android — so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#AKK-49336-541]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: AKK-49336-541

• cezi
    cezi
    Community Member

deleting the app from the android and reinstalling it solved the problem;
    syncing seems ok now

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. Out of curiosity, had you sync'd with a different computer/vault previously? That can cause some issues. Anyway, it sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.