Password generator does not copy password to clipboard

andrewaitch
andrewaitch
Community Member
edited July 2017 in Mac

I am using Chrome on the Mac.

When I use the Chrome extension password generator and press Fill or Copy it does not copy the password to the clipboard.

To test I carried out the following steps.

1. Open Chrome
  2. Press 1Password extension button
  3. Select Password Generator
  4. Press Copy
  5. Open notepad
  6. Select Paste
  7. Result: the pre-existing contents of the clipboard paste to the document, not the new password.

I am eager to fix this it means I am often storing the wrong password and having to carry out multiple password resets (for sites where the updates are not captured automatically).

Please advise.

Versions as follow
1Password 6 Version 6.7.1 (671001) AgileBits Store
Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5

I don't know how to reveal the extension version.

1Password Version: Version 6.7.1 (671001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @andrewaitch

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with 1Password on Chrome. First of all, could you please check if this works well in other browsers like safari and then on 1Password mini (on the menu bar by the time)? If it doesn't, can you please go to chrome://extensions/ on Chrome, delete 1Password's extension, restart Chrome and install it again from here? Please test if and let us know what you find out. If it's still not working, can you please tell us if there are other extensions on Chrome? They might be interfering with 1Password.

Please let us know how this goes and what you find out so we can get to the bottom of this :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.