Bug: List of secure notes stays visible when vault is locked

basvandenb
basvandenb
Community Member
edited July 2017 in Mac

I just updated to the latest version. I ran into a funny situation, not sure how to reproduce it (I possibly selected the 1password mini, just at the moment that the vault locked itself automatically). The list of secure notes stays visible in the 1password mini when 1password is in lock status (and disappears when the 1password mini is not selected). When 1password is unlocked it becomes visible again when selecting something the 1password mini. It is just a visible thing, one can't select the items in the list. When selecting the secure notes option in the 'mini', another list of items is created over the previous one. This new list disappears when selecting another item, but the old list stays.
It is still sort of a safety breach, because when the vault is locked, one shouldn't be able to see the names of secure notes in the vault.

Because of privacy reasons I obscured the names of the items.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

Hi @basvandenb,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us about this. We've been tracking this rare issue and would love to get a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

ref: OPM-5166

• basvandenb
    basvandenb
    Community Member

The support ID I received is [#PSM-21657-313]

• @basvandenb,

Thanks, someone will get back to you shortly via email.

Rudy

• blahblah123
    blahblah123
    Community Member

I also am seeing this same problem.

It appears to only manifest when using multiple displays. When using just my MBP with no external display attached I cannot reproduce the problem, whereas when I have a secondary monitor attached, I can reliably reproduce it.

My support ID: LZX-79496-438

• blahblah123
    blahblah123
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

It would seem it is not just Secure Notes that displays, it is also now showing credit cards.

• Thanks @blahblah123! We've got a fix for this in the works, so please keep an eye out for the next version of 1Password. If there's still some trouble when that's released, let us know. :) Cheers!

ref: OPM-5166, LZX-79496-438

• blahblah123
    blahblah123
    Community Member

:) Thanks Jacob - appreciate your support and thanks to the 1Password Team for a serious kick ass product.

• No problem mate. :) Thanks for using 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.