1P v6.8 Firefox 54.0.1 extension not installiing?

Kryten
Kryten
Community Member

The installation goes through the motions and confirms it's installed but not appearing in the menu bar? Any ideas chaps?

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Kryten
    Kryten
    Community Member

bump

• @kryten,

You mean the button doesn't appear in Firefox's window header?

Rudy

• Kryten
    Kryten
    Community Member

Yes Rudy.

• @kryten,

Thanks, just clarifying since you mentioned the menubar, which would make me think you're asking about the visibility of the icon at the very top of the entire screen.

Does it show up in the extension settings in firefox at all? does it appear if you disable and re-enable it?

Rudy

• Kryten
    Kryten
    Community Member

Yes it does. I've tried disabling and enabling + refresh but it's not showing. Should I remove it and re-install it maybe?

• @Kryten,

That would be my next suggestion, yes. Failing that we'd need to turn on the developer mode and see if there is anything in the extension's background page to give a hint at why its not loading.

Rudy

• Kryten
    Kryten
    Community Member

No that didn't work, sorry. Never had any problems before with FF and 1P. Which Developer toggle do you need?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Kryten,

If I've correctly read the conversation so far you've gone as far as uninstalling the extension and installing a fresh copy in Firefox and despite it showing in the Extensions tab as being enabled and installed it won't show in the Firefox toolbar.

There is the ability to customise the toolbar but the removal and fresh installation should have bypassed anything that would have helped. I can only think of a couple of things that might explain what you're seeing. One is you have so many extensions with toolbar buttons installed that Firefox is hiding the extension. I have no idea what your copy of Firefox looks like so I can't say if there is anything to that or not. The other is Firefox has simply gotten itself into a bad state, one that will require you refresh your Firefox profile. Now this will require you to install fresh copies of any extensions that you use but the ability to refresh your Firefox profile has proven successful in a number of quirky situations like this. The link on how to do this is: Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings.

If you're still having problems please do let us know.

• Kryten
    Kryten
    Community Member

Thanks Bobby, correct with your appraisal. The only other ext I have is AdBlock plus which has always run smoothly with FF and P1. I will try your suggestion and come back later. Thanks to both of you for your support.

• Kryten
    Kryten
    Community Member

Yep, that fixed it. Thanks again gents. I just couldn't do without my 1P. :)

• @Kryten,

Glad to hear it, let us know if you have any questions in the future.

Rudy

• Kryten
    Kryten
    Community Member

Thanks again Rudy.

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.