Password sync between app and teams

Willy_T
Willy_T
Community Member

Hi, would I be right in thinking that if you use teams and the app locally has a vault of it's own, that you would effectively have two master passwords, one for teams and one for the local app vault ? If so, they way to get around that would be to move everything from the local vault to teams ?

Thanks,

Will

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Willy_T - You're correct! You could use the same Master Password for both the standalone vault and the Teams account so you don't have to remember two Master Passwords. You can change the Master Password within the app to match the one for the Teams account. The other option, like you mentioned, you can move your existing 1Password data over to the Private vault associated with the Teams account. After the data has been migrated over, you can then delete the standalone vault from the app. I hope this helped and let us know if you have any additional questions, we'll be happy to assist. :smile:

• djraje
    djraje
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

Thank you. I have seem to have forgotten my Teams Master Password, but I have my local Master Password remembered so I can access the account ( I thought I had made them the same). Suggestions on how to resolve?

ref: RKC-18949-784

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @djraje! Welcome to the forums :chuffed:

I see you've reached out to us via email about this, so we'll continue the conversation there with you! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.