Reopening auto fill email on 1PWD mobile app

JBallin
JBallin
Community Member

This is somewhat mentioned here but I want clarify my use case https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/57152/suggest-common-usernames-when-adding-logins

Creating a new account on an app. I go to 1PWD, create new login, and every time have to type out the same email as my username. Why can't I set a default username that's always auto populated but will be deleted if I start typing (will stay if I hit next)?

Comments

• Thanks for the suggestion, @JBallin. :)

Ben

• peds48
    peds48
    Community Member

Awesome Suggestion!

• Thanks for chiming in @peds48! :)

Ben

• JBallin
    JBallin
    Community Member

Here's another idea: dropdown with all usernames ever used ranked by usage frequency

• That could be a huge dropdown. :) I use a unique username for almost every service.

Ben

• JBallin
    JBallin
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

Interesting, can you expand on that? I find that most logins tend to be my email address. Are you adding "+service" to every one? Could still be useful to automatically put your email so you just add the "+service" part. Or do you have unique email addresses for each service?

• I personally use a unique email address for each service, so for services that use the email address as the username I have a unique username.

That way I know which service sold my address, or was compromised, if I start getting mail from other companies to the address I've associated with that service. It isn't fool proof, as sometimes spammers will just send mail to whateverAddressesTheyCanThinkOf@domain.tld, but it gives me an idea. And then I can stop doing business with those services. :)

I do this by having my own domain name that uses G Suite (Google Apps) for mail, and I create a group with myself as the only member for each service.

But we're a bit off topic here. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.