Does this work with my apps on the iPhone?

patriot8
patriot8
Community Member

I have tried this program some years ago and it created a nightmare for me I had many of my accounts locked out because I could't figure out what the password was, also could not use my apps on my iPhone. If this program is for more advanced users please just say so I will not be offended. Thank You, Keith Hodges

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:does this work with my apps on the iPhone?

Comments

• Hi @patriot8,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! I'm sorry to hear you've forgotten your Master Password. 1Password attempts to simplify your life by making it such that you only have to remember one password, but it is absolutely critical that you remember that password. It is used to encrypt your data and as such entering it is the only way to decrypt and access your data. The only way to reset it is to start over fresh. You can learn more about that, and also read some tips on how you might remember your password, here:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can't unlock 1Password - 1Password Support

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• patriot8
    patriot8
    Community Member

does it work on iphone?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2017

I'm not sure I understand the question, @patriot8. We do have a 1Password for iOS app which will work on iPhones and iPads, yes:

1Password for iOS on the iTunes App Store

If you are asking about the guide, yes, there are instructions relevant to iOS there. If that doesn't answer your question could you please clarify?

Thanks.

Ben

ref: XFG-27757-568

• peds48
    peds48
    Community Member

@patriot8 of course it works on iPhone or iOS. For the iPhone there are two ways to get the password, you can app switch by pressing the home button twice and closing one 1password, or you can use the share sheet and choose 1password extension. the last one is most convenient as it already pre-selsect the log in item for you as opposed to app switch and search. Also the last method copies the One-Time-Passcode (OTP) and places it on your clipboard

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.