1Password for Mac Standalone

DanOrtego
DanOrtego
Community Member

I've been using one password since the very beginning, so I typically don't have problems figuring things out. I have both the standalone version on my MacBook and the 'Family' plan on the web. Well, the MacBook is on its last leg, so I wanted to have the standalone version on my new MacBook Pro. Even if I have to pay for it AGAIN, it's far more useful than the web version so how can I get it. The app store used a have it, and so did the agilebits website. In the interim, I've been trying to migrate the data from the old MacBook into the less useful 'family plan', but the migration link with than one password on the MacBook is now grayed out so I can no longer use it. Please advise

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DanOrtego
    DanOrtego
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

UPDATE Disregard my request for assistance with 1P standalone version. One of the many things I tried; was to download 6.8 but initially, it didn't solve my issue. No sooner did I post my request for assistance; I received a 6.8 update from the App Store. Once installed, I was able to access my desktop version so I'm now good. If only the 1P Family version was this good.

• @DanOrtego,

It sounds like you figured out which version you needed to get. Though some of your statements make me think that you're not aware that you can sign into your family account in the desktop application and use it alongside standalone vaults?

Let us know if you need help setting that up and we can get you to the instructions for making that happen.

Rudy

• Dan Ortego
    Dan Ortego
    Community Member

Hi Rudy,

Thanks, I understand the two can be run alongside (in theory) but I wasn't able to get them to work properly until today. Even then, it wasn't until later in the day when an update dropped down from the App Store; that I was able to have that option. When I received a prompt to add the Family account to my 6.8 desktop version, it finally worked.

Perhaps starting from scratch on a new Mac was the key to solving an ongoing sync/merge/add issues for more than a year.

Regards,
    Dan

• Thanks for the update Dan. Glad to hear everything worked out in the end.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.