How do I get OnePassword to open Chrome and NOT Firefox automatically

Options

When I go into 1 password and select a LOGIN then click OPEN AND FILL it will open up a Firefox Browser. (Ex 4.6.7)
I would like to change this to Chrome (I am on ext 4.6.7.9 Chrome). How do I do this?
Thanks Dan.

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: 4.6.7.9
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: wireless
Referrer: forum-search:How do I get OnePassword to open Chrome and NOT Firefox automatically

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017
    Options

Hey @DoggyDan,

Thanks for writing in. The "open and fill" feature will open the default browser on your Mac. You can change this in your System Preferences' General tab. See Apple's documentation for how to do that.

I hope that helps. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DoggyDan To add to what Matthew said, if you use 1Password mini to search or locate a Login in the list while you're using a different browser and then press return with it highlighted, it will indeed use whichever browser is currently active. This is a bit confusing and it's something that we want to improve in the future.

Since I test so many different browsers, I also have a rule in Choosy that causes Choosy to ask me which of the open browsers to use for open and fill URLs. Here's what that looks like in my setup:

You can add additional rules and adjust their order so that, for instance, you could have open and fill for a particular site always open in a particular browser but then other sites would prompt you to choose. Since 1Password doesn't currently have an "Open with" option for Logins, this is a powerful tool to supplement the current capabilities, and what is possible in a tool like Choosy is beyond the scope of what 1Password will likely ever have available, so it's a nice tool to know about.

I hope this helps as well!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• DoggyDan
    DoggyDan
    Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Thanks guys I really do appreciate it. I have another issue which is kind of connected however I will post it as another question to keep things clean :)
    Cheers Doggy Dan

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad they could help @DoggyDan and I see you've posted your other query which I'll answer in a moment :smile:

This discussion has been closed.