TOTP clipboard - disable notifications

Options
binaranomaly
binaranomaly
Community Member

Hi,

Really great that finally totp codes are automatically copied to clipboard - what a productivity gain.
On MacOS however I find the notifications (1 totp copied, 1 clipboard restored) useless and annyoing. Is there a way to disable them without blocking 1Password completely from displaying notifications. I do not have such an issue on Windows.

Thanks, br
b

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@binaranomaly,

Thanks for writing in with your question. There unfortunately isn't a way to turn those off at this time. I have filed an enhancement request to that effect.

Rudy

ref: OPM-5190

• binaranomaly
    binaranomaly
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @rudy, looking forward to it.

• rudy
    Options

@binaranomaly,

:) :+1:

Rudy

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member
    Options

I don't want to disable notifications completely for 1PW but the notification for restoring clipboard contents is extremely annoying. I find myself constantly distracted by it.

I still want notifications for new vaults, etc, but it appears I can't disable just that one notification.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jfelchner,

I've moved your suggestion to this other discussion with the same one; you're not alone in wanting to disable just the clipboard restoration notification that pops up a bit after an automatic TOTP copy. :smile:

As you can see, Rudy has already filed an enhancement request for it. Cheers!

• jon123
    jon123
    Community Member
    Options

Just wanted to add a "me too" here. Love the feature. Don't love the notification. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I kinda don't like the notification...but I do find it useful since otherwise I'm always trying to keep track of this in my head when pasting. We'll see if we can find a better solution.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using the TOTP feature multiple times a day.

When the feature was new it was nice to be reminded, but now that it's part of my regular workflow it's rather annoying.

• Thanks for the feedback, @XIII. :)

Ben

• dkav
    dkav
    Community Member
    Options

Add another vote for this feature.

• Thanks for letting us know, @dkav! We'll add your +1. :chuffed:

• jsk
    jsk
    Community Member
    Options

Add my vote for this feature.

• Thanks for the feedback @jsk! :chuffed: :+1:

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

Please add my vote for this as well...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for weighing in @viswiz! :)

• eashman
    eashman
    Community Member
    Options

+1 vote

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @eashman - thanks for the comment and the vote. :)

• roberthoner
    roberthoner
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for me, too

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know. :)

• nnutter
    nnutter
    Community Member
    Options

+1. It's been 1.5 years since OP. =(
    Disabling all notifications in the mean time.

• Ben
    Options

:+1:

Ben

• Shark88
    Shark88
    Community Member
    Options

Any news on this feature? I`ve also disabled all notifications for 1Password due to these two notifications.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Shark88

We don't currently have any definite plans to change this. We do appreciate you weighing in though, as how much demand exists for a feature is one of the big factors that determines our priorities.

Ben

ref: apple-3028

• RMNL
    RMNL
    Community Member
    Options

I too like to see this change, but considering this thread is almost 2 years old, more people have probably chosen the path I took. I just disabled all 1Password notifications. With 1 interesting notification on 99 non-interesting, the choice was an easy one. However, because I just installed a new computer, I noticed this flaw again.

PS. Bitwarden supports TOTP without notifications.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019
    Options

Thanks for the feedback! However, since 1Password is clearing the contents of the clipboard by putting the TOTP code there, and then later restoring it, it is important for this to be the default, since otherwise people will think they've lost their stuff on the clipboard and not even notice when it comes back. But as you noted, notifications can be disabled for any app in macOS if desired. Cheers! :)

• kevinbuhler
    kevinbuhler
    Community Member
    Options

1Password, please revisit this! I hate the idea of disabling all 1pass notifications just to remove this super-annoying one.

A simple checkbox to 'disable notifications about 1 totp copied, 1 clipboard restored' would solve it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kevinbuhler - thanks for weighing in on this. I'll add your thoughts to the issue.

• vegashacker
    vegashacker
    Community Member
    Options

There needs to be a way to disable these clipboard notifications on Mac. They are driving me insane.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry to hear this @vegashacker! We will keep your feedback in mind.

• gavinsmith
    gavinsmith
    Community Member
    Options

Adding my +1 here as well. I want all notifications but the clipboard contents restored one. I find it purely a nuisance.

For now I've decided to give up and disable notifications. This isn't ideal for anyone.

This discussion has been closed.