Mini Window Location Doesn't Stick & It Can't Be Dragged

SpinalNeon9446
SpinalNeon9446
Community Member

I prefer my 1P mini window to be at the top-right of the display. With 6.8's new smarter mini window positioning, it doesn't seem to stick. It often ends up near the centre of the display. I usually use my MBP in clamshell mode, with different displays at the office and at home, and occasionally with the internal display, so my screen resolution changes often.

In addition, I can't seem to drag it when it's unlocked. The thin draggable area near the top doesn't work any longer; I have to lock it and drag it from the grey background, then unlock when it's in the new position.

What I'd really like is an option to set the preferred mini window location: always centred as a window; top-right as a window; as a menu under the icon (as if it was clicked); or the last dragged location. This would apply to invocation by ⌥⌘\ or ⌘\ keyboard shortcuts.

BTW, thanks for adding TOTP auto-copy. That feature alone is worth the price of admission!

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.7 (for Safari)
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Karl Moskowski

Thank you for getting in touch with us. I have done a bit of testing, and I'm still able to drag the window from the very top. Could you please try restarting your computer and checking if you still see the same issue, if you can drag it from the very top. If you can't, could you please give us some details? What happens if you click on that area? What exactly happens if you try to drag it?

About your suggestion for setting a preferred mini window location, it's an interesting idea! I will pass it along to our developers :chuffed: I've also passed your love for TOTP!

I hope to hear back from you soon so we can get this sorted out for your!

• SpinalNeon9446
    SpinalNeon9446
    Community Member

I do know the draggable area is kind of thin, but with 6.7, I was able to get it every time. With 6.8, the window just doesn't move—it stays stationary, near the centre of the screen. The problem seems to surface when I switch displays, e.g., when I disconnect from my work display, go home, then connect to my larger display. I have tried restarting, without success.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Karl Moskowski

Thank you for the details, it sounds like changing displays might ave something to do with it. Could you please try dragging 1Password into the bin, empty the bin and then download it again? All your data and configuration will stay same :chuffed:

Please let us know if this helps or if we have to dig a bit deeper! We'll get this sorted out.

• SpinalNeon9446
    SpinalNeon9446
    Community Member

I just trashed the app, downloaded, and reinstalled. I'll let you know if the problem resurfaces. Thanks.

• Thanks, @Karl Moskowski. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.