is there a way to stop 1 password from saving login information for local devices?

Options

i am a network admin, and i have alot of privately IP devices. Is there a way to prevent 1password from trying to save login credentials for locally IP devices? It's really annoying to have to close the window, and even when the password is saved, it will ask to update the uname/password if i log in.

1Password Version: 6.6.439d
Extension Version: 4.6.7
OS Version: windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:is there a way to stop 1password from attempting to save passwords for privately IP devices?

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @chris_jardine24,

Sorry about the annoyance of being asked to update or save these Logins. Unfortunately we don't have a method of excluding IP addresses apart from a one-by-one approach on 1Password for Windows 6. We do have something that might help on our roadmap but the feature hasn't been fully fleshed out yet. I will mention what you'd like to do so that it will be taken into consideration. I can't make any promises that it will be included or when something might be available though.

If this is happening more often than you actually use the Autosave feature (saving new logins or updating logins) then perhaps disabling Autosave would be better. You can do this by:

1. Opening and unlocking 1Password 6.
    2. Open Options > Browsers
    3. Under "Autosave", untick "Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them".

Then you would need to remember to manually save your logins when signing up to new sites using the "Save New Login" feature and whenever you would change a password on an website for which you have a pre-existing Login you'd need to remember to manually update it.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I hope my suggestion helps. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Best regards,
    Matthew

ref: OPW6-704

This discussion has been closed.