6.8 seems to have broken integration with the Brave browser. [update to Brave 0.17.19 or later]

Options
mwb6
mwb6
Community Member
edited July 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

I get a dialogue box saying 'get help' or 'restart my browser' ... following both threads as well as reading this Support article and searching the knowledge base, I don't find any way to restore it to working condition.
I also took a look at the Brave forum, but didn't find anything referencing this issue.
Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8 (680015) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.5.90
OS Version: MacOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mwb6,

We've reached out to the Brave developers about this, as they need to update their 1Password integration. There is a thread over on their forums about this here:

1Password (6.8.BETA-4) No Longer Works in Brave - Help Me! - The Brave Community

Also they have an issue filed in their issue tracker which you may have interest in following:

Extension: 1Password 4.6.7.90 · Issue #9946 · brave/browser-laptop

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• davemacdo
    davemacdo
    Community Member
    Options

Those threads seem to indicate the issue has been resolved. Despite having updated to the latest Brave and 1Password, I'm still having problems using 1PW in Brave.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@davemacdo Several people had issues with Brave not pulling in the updated extension. Some on our own team had to install a fresh copy of Brave to get it to give them the updated extension. Given the way Brave handles extensions, I'm sad to say we don't have much more insight than that. If you continue to have trouble, I would recommend asking in the Brave Community forum.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

This discussion has been closed.