Where is 'sync' on my 1Password Android

Ibblet
Ibblet
Community Member

I am trying to 'sync' my android Galaxy A5 to my Mac. I cannot find 'sync' anywhere on my phone.

1Password Version: 6.5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot find 'sync' on 1password on my Galaxy A5 (2017)

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Ibblet: Thanks for reaching out. You can use Dropbox to sync the vault between 1Password for Android and 1Password for Mac:

How to sync 1Password with Dropbox

It sounds like you may have setup 1Password for Android to sync with a local folder instead, so you can export the vault and then reinstall the app to set it up with Dropbox instead:

How to export data from 1Password

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Ibblet
    Ibblet
    Community Member

Problem is that my Mac says I am synced to WLAN. Also, on my Android tablet 'Sync' appears under Settings. I have a Dropbox account. And, now I have exported the Android account to Dropbox, However, on my new phone, 'Sync' does not appear at all. Now what? And, thank you for answering!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Ibblet: Any time. I'm just sorry it isn't more straightforward. If you have your vault in Dropbox and sync'd to your Mac, you're in business. Just want to make sure you have a copy of it outside of 1Password. In order to change 1Password for Android to sync with Dropbox instead, you'll need to reinstall it from the Google Play store. Then, when you setup the app, use the existing vault in Dropbox. Let me know how it goes! :)

• Ibblet
    Ibblet
    Community Member

Thank you so much! I am up and running on my phone. I think I shall follow the same steps on my tablet!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.