How do I sync my 1password to a different dropbox account?

petosky5
petosky5
Community Member

I have been syncing my 1password with my personal dropbox where I had plenty of extra space because I paid for an upgraded account.

Yesterday, though, when I discovered that the dropbox for my business was full, rather than pay extra for two accounts, I went through the steps to merge my two dropbox accounts to one with plenty of storage. I wanted to keep my business email, so that meant moving my 1password folders to my business dropbox.

I'm concerned that this will affect the syncing of 1password since it's now stored in a new dropbox with a different email associated with it.

The dropbox instructions did mention: "Note: Merging accounts will not transfer membership to shared folders. It will only transfer the folders themselves. If you choose to merge accounts, you may need to rejoin any shared folders you were previously a member of."

Please tell me how to proceed.

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:changing dropbox account

Comments

• Hi @petosky5,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. To be honest I'm not entirely sure how, if at all, that will affect 1Password's ability to sync. I'd recommend making a change to an item, or making a new one, and then checking your other devices to see if that syncs. If it does not, I'd recommend turning off Dropbox syncing on all devices, and then re-enabling it and performing the same test.

Thanks.

Ben

• petosky5
    petosky5
    Community Member

Thanks, I'll try that

• petosky5
    petosky5
    Community Member

It works! Such a relief - thanks. No need to change a thing.

• Perfect. Thanks for the update. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.