TOTP Code Scanner Does Not Work

invalidptr
invalidptr
Community Member
edited July 2017 in Mac

I saw this mentioned here but no resolution. I'm am experiencing the same problem today. Earlier today I upgraded to latest 1Password and then latest macOS FWIW.

iOS 1Password grabbed the QR code instantly.

I tried 5 different levels of zoom in Safari (cmd +) and was not successful. I have screen grabs if you need them.

1Password Version: 6.8 (680014) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.6.7
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6 (16G29)
Sync Type: iPassword Cloud

Comments

• invalidptr
    invalidptr
    Community Member

OK, this is very interesting. While documenting the above issue my provider timed out and had me setup OTP from scratch a second time. The second time it worked instantly. I took enough screen shots that I can now reliably reproduce that QR Code from attempt one can't be read and QR Code attempt 2 can be read.

• @invalidptr,

Was the issue you were having with Twitter as well, or was it a different website?

Just to clarify: 1Password 6.8 for Mac could not scan the QR code, but 1Password 6.8 for iOS did?

Please let us know.

Ben

• invalidptr
    invalidptr
    Community Member

This was for Team Viewer. Just verified today as I prepped the files for emailing to you. I have a specific QR code that 6.8 for Mac cannot read and 6.8 for iOS can.

• invalidptr
    invalidptr
    Community Member

For AgileBits folks: Support ticket starts with the subject of this thread and contains the files. Very reproducible.

• Jacob
    edited July 2017

Thanks @invalidptr! I'm going to take a look at the screenshots you sent and get back to you with some details shortly. We'll keep the conversation going via email for now.

ref: FDI-49179-232

This discussion has been closed.