"1Password can't verify the identity of your web browser" keeps jumping up...

DoggyDan
DoggyDan
Community Member
edited July 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi there, I did read through a similar question on this topic...that person was using Firefox but I am on Chrome.
The message goes on to say... "For your protection 1Password will only fill information in browsers that have been signed by identified developes. If you have a firewall or security software you may need to configure it to work with 1 Password..."
I am not that technical...train dogs for a living so please take it easy on me :)
1 Password has been working fine for years...then this message started creeping in and now it jumps up every time I touch 1 Password...as you can imagine its pretty anoying.
For a while I have also been unable to automatically fill my logins from 1 Password - I have had to cut and past everything across... Not sure if that is connected?
Everything seems up to date...browser etc... OS X

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Chrome 4.6.7.9
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1 Password can't verify the identity of your web browser

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DoggyDan,

Thankfully these one will be nice and easy to resolve :smile: Both Firefox and Chrome had small changes to their signing certificate a wee while ago. As 1Password checks the browser code signature we had to update 1Password with the new details for it to continue verifying the browsers. These new signatures were added to 1Password 6.7 for Mac and we're actually up to version 6.8 now. I would recommend updating Chrome (see Update Google Chrome) and then update 1Password (see How to keep 1Password up to date) while Chrome is not running. The reason for that last bit is version 6.8 utilises a new communication method between 1Password and Chrome and it will require Chrome to be restarted if it is running. If you quit it while updating 1Password you avoid that entirely.

If you run into any issues at all please let us know.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @DoggyDan,

I've been corrected on a particular belief I had. You will still need to update but if you find the section titled If you installed 1Password from the AgileBits Store applies to you our instructions won't work because of how old your current copy is. Instead can you do the following for us please.

1. Move 1Password for Mac from your /Applications/ folder to the Trash.
    2. Restart your Mac.
    3. Download a fresh copy of 1Password from "Downloads - 1Password" page and run the installer. This will install 6.8 into your /Applications/ folder.
    4. Launch 1Password.

If you are running the Mac App Store version the steps on our page are correct. Sorry for any confusion I caused in my reply.

• DoggyDan
    DoggyDan
    Community Member

Hi Littlebobbytables,
    thanks it looks like updating has sorted out the issues. Many thanks :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

That's great to hear @DoggyDan :smile: Let us know if you run into any other issues but fingers crossed 1Password runs smoothly and without fuss for you now.

• DoggyDan
    DoggyDan
    Community Member

Will do thanks :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

And you have a great week, @DoggyDan!

This discussion has been closed.