Secure (hidden) notes in Login

ujeenator
ujeenator
Community Member

Hello, can you please tell me how I should store sensitive information related to Login, but other than password, for example recovery codes.

For now I have to do somethings like this (to prevent someone to see sensitive information):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9X3pp67ep0YcHJpYUxVOU9RZlk/view?usp=sharing

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ujeenator

Thank you for getting in touch with us, and I'm glad to tell you that there's a pretty nice way to deal with this! You can edit items by clicking on Edit on the bottom right corner of them in the main app of 1Password. You can create a "Section" called "Security Codes" and then add them on a list. You can even make these of the type "password" so they will behave similarly and only be displayed when you click on Reveal or so you can put them on your clipboard in one simple click. This image should help you get a better ideal of how the configuration looks like:

And it would create an item that looks like this:

Please let us know if you try this and how it works for you!

• ujeenator
    ujeenator
    Community Member

Hello @Pilar, thanks for response, but it's not a solution

Usually recovery codes are given as a bunch of 10 or more items e.g. https://help.github.com/assets/images/help/2fa/download-print-or-copy-recovery-codes.png

It means I need to type every of it separately in separate field for every site :/

• It means I need to type every of it separately in separate field for every site :/

You can copy & paste. :)

Unfortunately I don't have a better suggestion. What Pilar described is how I manage my recovery codes. It is a bit time consuming, but I haven't found a better way.

Maybe in the future we'll be able to come up with a quicker way of doing this, but I'm not entirely sure what that would look like.

Thanks.

Ben

• ujeenator
    ujeenator
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

@Ben

but I'm not entirely sure what that would look like.

Just add new field type "Concealed notes" (with reveal button) or allow password field to be multiline :)

• That is certainly one possibility, if not super elegant. Each code is a separate item, so it would be nice to have them in separate fields. But yes, that is an idea. :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.