Documents on Android?

This discussion was created from comments split from: No sync icon in 1password preferences.

Comments

• gnomet
    gnomet
    Community Member

If I understood correctly what's said here https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/49501/why-dont-attachments-show-up-in-android-app it's not possible to sync files to Android phone without Dropbox sync. And if I understand correctly what's said in this thread, the Dropbox sync is not available if I'm using a 1password.com account which conveniently syncs all, except file attachments that I critically need on my phone. What would you recommend as the solution to get also files to sync to Android, if I'm having a 1password.com account?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gnomet: Correct. 1Password for Android has support for attachments currently (local vaults) but not Documents (1Password.com). You can use both in 1Password for Android by doing the following:

1. Create a vault in 1Password on your computer (if you don't already have one)
    2. Setup Dropbox sync on the computer
    3. Reinstall 1Password for Android and set it up with the Dropbox vault first
    4. Add the 1Password.com account second (Settings > Accounts)

Let me know if you have any questions!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gnomet: I just wanted to let you know that we've added support for Documents in the latest beta. So hopefully it won't be far off that everyone gets it once we're finished testing everything. And you're welcome to join the beta too if you like. Cheers! :)

• gnomet
    gnomet
    Community Member

@brenty: Thanks for the mention! I signed up for beta and now I got the image attachments to my Android right away! First impression is that this works great! Thank you so much! :) :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for participating in the beta! I can't wait til this is available to everyone! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.