Issues autofilling password using keyboard shortcut.

LostinDevNull
LostinDevNull
Community Member

Afternoon,

since the recent update I have been having issues with filling passwords via keyboard shortcut on both Safari and Chrome. When using the allocated shortcut, the 1Password auto-fill does not work; nor does the 1Password window show in the middle of the browser. To get it to work I have to open the 1Password app. Autofilling will then work. Some time later the problem will persist and I have to go through the same steps.

Any ideas on how to solve this? Is this a possible bug?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8 (680015) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.7
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @LostinDevNull! I'd be happy to help out. What happens when you click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar? Not the one in the menu bar on your Mac, the second one that's in your browser's toolbar. Please try this in Chrome and Safari and let us know how it goes.

• LostinDevNull
    LostinDevNull
    Community Member

@Jacob 1Password opens the password prompt and I can fill the password.

• @LostinDevNull Okay good to know. To get a better idea of what the issue is, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• LostinDevNull
    LostinDevNull
    Community Member

Thanks @Jacob. I've gone ahead and followed your instructions.

The number you mentioned is [#EMJ-28221-377]

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @LostinDevNull,

We got your email and we will reply to you shortly :chuffed:

Best regards,
    Matthew

ref: MZX-78622-695

• LostinDevNull
    LostinDevNull
    Community Member

Much appreciated @matthew_ag.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

:chuffed: :+1:

• LostinDevNull
    LostinDevNull
    Community Member

@matthew_ag I never did get that email though.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @LostinDevNull,

Sorry about the delay in responding to you, I have just sent an update via email to you. We can continue the conversation there.

Matthew

This discussion has been closed.