Vivaldi?

This discussion was created from comments split from: Chrome extension no longer interfaces properly with Chromium post-6.8 update.

Comments

• DoctorDan
    DoctorDan
    Community Member

The latest release (today) of Vivaldi (also chromium-based) no longer works with 1PW. I gather from the above discussion that there is no way to fix this? If so, it's too bad because Vivaldi has a built-in reader view and repositionable toolbar buttons like firefox and seems otherwise to be better than Chrome.

• @doctordan,

I split you off from the prior discussion because Vivaldi is not in the same boat as Chromium. Vivaldi does work with 1Password though you may have to follow the directions on https://support.1password.com/kb/201707/

Rudy

• velgor
    velgor
    Community Member

Followed the instructions and had it working in Vivaldi until I restarted my Mac. Now the extension icon disappears spontaneously and integration no longer works. Very frustrating.

• DoctorDan
    DoctorDan
    Community Member

Thanks, I'll try it when the Mac is finished all its updates. btw - no problem on windows with v-64bit

• velgor
    velgor
    Community Member

Seeing security exceptions in Console when I try toggling the extension on and off:

default 18:11:51.355198 -0400 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper MacOS error: -67050
    default 18:11:51.355383 -0400 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper MacOS error: -67050
    default 18:11:51.356131 -0400 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper 680015 [EXT:(Secondary Thread 0x7fe4ddcf3820):] E handshakeWithManifest:reply: | Failed to verify the connection: manifest:{
    OPNativeMessageClientArguments = (
    "/Applications/1Password 6.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper.app/Contents/MacOS/OnePasswordNativeMessageHost",
    "chrome-extension://aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk/"
    );
    OPNativeMessageClientBrowserPID = 3857;
    OPNativeMessageClientBrowserURL = "file:///Applications/Vivaldi.app";
    OPNativeMessageClientURL = "file:///Applications/1Password%206.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper.app/Contents/MacOS/OnePasswordNativeMessageHost";
    OPNativeMessageClientVersion = "6.8";
    } : NMStatic:1 NMRuntime:140617229271041 BRuntime:140617229271041 JSON:4294967296
    default 18:11:51.356463 -0400 OnePasswordNativeMessageHost 680015 [EXT_NMH:(Secondary Thread 0x7fa96760ca70):] E connect | Verification failure: {
    "com.agilebits.nativemessaging.error" = OPNativeMessageErrorTerminate;
    }
    default 18:11:51.356530 -0400 OnePasswordNativeMessageHost 680015 [EXT_NMH:(Secondary Thread 0x7fa96760ca70):] E terminate: | Terminating

• DoctorDan
    DoctorDan
    Community Member

Thanks again,
    The procedure that you provided seems to have resolved the problem.

• @velgor Sorry about that. Let's get a bit more info from your system on what's happening. Could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• jeremywsherman
    jeremywsherman
    Community Member

I'm seeing the same behavior as @velgor.

I'm migrating to a new machine. 1Password was working fine on the old machine. On my new machine, it acts as @velgor says: Whenever I toggle the Extension settings for 1P, the extension icon appears briefly, then vanishes.

Filtering console messages for Vivaldi finds:

681005 [EXT:(Secondary Thread 0x7f99124dd7c0):<OP4NativeMessageClient: 0x7f99122d98b0>] E handshakeWithManifest:reply: | Failed to verify the connection: manifest:{
        OPNativeMessageClientArguments =     (
            "/Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper.app/Contents/MacOS/OnePasswordNativeMessageHost",
            "chrome-extension://phicbbndgmmpogmijjkbmdhpioaieaha/"
        );
        OPNativeMessageClientBrowserPID = 5346;
        OPNativeMessageClientBrowserURL = "file:///Applications/Vivaldi.app";
        OPNativeMessageClientURL = "file:///Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper.app/Contents/MacOS/OnePasswordNativeMessageHost";
        OPNativeMessageClientVersion = "6.8.1";
    } : NMStatic:1 NMRuntime:1 BRuntime:1 JSON:0

My Bitbot confirmation number is: [#VAV-79487-213]

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

Hey @jeremywsherman -- sorry for the trouble, let's get you fixed up. I'd like to you to try these instructions, particularly the section entitled If you use Vivaldi or Chrome Canary. Please try that, and let us know how it works for you! Thanks.

ref: VAV-79487-213

• jeremywsherman
    jeremywsherman
    Community Member

@Lars Thanks. I have already tried that:

json file and contents in appropriate location

But now I see that whatever was wonky has resolved itself. I know I restarted 1Password itself at one point - perhaps that fixed it.

You can go ahead and close that ticket, and maybe add in a "if it's still broken, try restarting 1Password" step. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jeremywsherman Thanks for the update. That's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad I could help you get things squared away, but if the problem righted itself, I can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-)

Keep an eye on things and please let us know if the problem recurs or if there's anything further we can do to assist you. Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.