some current logins and passwords have disappeared

dorits
dorits
Community Member

I've encountered weird behavior in 1Password 6.7.1 on my Mac. A couple of weeks ago on the desktop program only a very old password appeared for my Chase checking account despite the fact that the current password displayed correctly on my iPad and iPhone apps.

To confirm that the desktop program was syncing to Dropbox I added a new, secure note on my devices. That note showed up accurately in the desktop program as expected.
Then I checked to see if the incorrect log in had re-synced and corrected itself. It was still showing the old, different password than my devices.
Next I updated the password in the desktop program to the correct, current password. It showed a high, green password strength.
When I saved the entry however, the newer, strong password showed low in the red zone as if it's still reading the old, weak password.
A few days later it turned out that my husband's PC also had an outdated password.

Since then I have encountered additional problems. Trying to sign into CapitalOne it turned out 1Password was showing a login name that I had forgotten I changed a long time ago. I had to call the bank to be reminded of the new login and to reset my password. Also, I feel it has happened more than once at Ulta.com that the information in 1Password reverts and no longer works.

I sync though Dropbox and share vaults there with my sister and daughter. Another oddity is that even though I see notifications that they've updated files in Dropbox the dates modified of their backups do not necessarily change. e.g. My daughter's vault in Dropbox is dated September 23, 2015 despite the fact that I can see passwords she has recently created.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 6.8
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @dorits! Sorry about the inconsistencies in Dropbox sync. Let's try a few things to see if we can get the item to sync properly across your devices:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox

If none of those steps work, I'd recommend using a different sync service like iCloud or a 1Password account. There's only so much we can do from our end to troubleshoot Dropbox sync, and that article has the most detailed explanations we could write up. Hope it helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.