Why doesn't 1password mini include an "Add new..." option?

ablock
ablock
Community Member

There are lots of times that I create an online account where 1password does not or cannot automatically detect and add the username and password. Every single time this happens I need to click 1password mini, click the gear icon, choose "Open 1password...", click the +, and choose "Login".

That ridiculous. Why isn't there an equivalent to the 1password + button available inside 1password mini? How can I be the only person frustrated by this?

Thanks for your attention to this frustrating UX.

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:new login from 1password menu

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

Hello @ablock,

Welcome to the Support Forum! I'm sorry to hear you're having issues creating new logins automatically. Depending on how the registration form on the website is designed, 1Password might have issues detecting and asking to save a new Login item.

We do offer a way to manually save a new Login item directly from the 1Password browser extension. Personally, when I'm creating a new user account on a website, I almost always save the Login item from the sign-in page instead of the registration page. Doing so allows 1Password to collect more information about the web page that you will be using to sign in with, and saves the proper sign-in URL as the website on your new Login item.

To save a new Login from your browser manually:

1. Navigate to the sign-in page for the website where you want to save a Login item.
    2. Enter your username and password, but don't press Enter or click the Sign In button.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser. (⌥⌘\)
    4. Click the gear icon and choose “Save new Login”. (⌘N)
    5. Give your Login item a unique name, then click Save Login.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any questions.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.