1Password for Mac 6.8 doesn't work with Chrome [resolved - now working normally]

aussie_trev
aussie_trev
Community Member
edited July 2017 in Mac

Have just upgrade to 1Password v6.8 for Mac Version 6.8 (680014) Mac App Store
When I start Google Chrome (Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)) I get the message "1Password can't save or fill in Google Chrome"
I go to ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts/ and notice there is no "2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password.json" in this folder - just "com.skype.shellapp.json"
Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 1Password extension in Chrome but no luck.
Have tested with Safari and all works fine.
Was working in Chrome prior to the upgrade to 1Password 6.8

Suggestions/solutions would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @aussie_trev! Sorry about the trouble. Could you try restarting your computer, and if the issue continues in Chrome, please create a Diagnostics Report:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• aussie_trev
    aussie_trev
    Community Member

Hi Jacob,

In the meantime I have since resolved the issue - I located the file "2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password.json" in ~/Library/Application Support/Mozilla/NativeMessagingHosts and have copied across and this has resolved the issue.

Many thanks,
    Trevor.

• Hey @aussie_trev! I'm glad to hear you've resolved the problem. :chuffed: Let us know if we can do anything else to help!

This discussion has been closed.