Sync with Box

RMB
RMB
Community Member

I have used Dropbox for 1PW sync for a long time. I know iCloud could be used but there are limitations i.e. one vault
Is it possible to sync with BOX? If so are their any limitations?

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Sync with Box

Comments

• Hi @RMB! I'd recommend sticking with Dropbox if you prefer to use a third-party service. The best way to sync 1Password is with a 1Password account. We don't plan to support Box for sync in the future, so iCloud or Dropbox are the third-party options you can run with. :) Hope this helps.

• RMB
    RMB
    Community Member

That is what I thought. Thanks for confirming it.

• You're most welcome. :)

• Jeffois
    Jeffois
    Community Member

Jacob,

You said that the best way to sync 1Password is with a 1Password account. What advantage does it offer over syncing via dropbox or icloud?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Jeffois

Thank you for getting in touch with us. As a summary, syncing via a 1Password account is completely seamless (just login and you're ready), you don't need to worry about complicated setups or about making sure that a third party service is configured correctly. Because we have control over what's going on we can be sure everything's going smoothly, always. You can read more about this and all the features of 1Password.com account in this article.

If you have any questions or there's anything else that you'd like to know or talk about, please let us know :chuffed:

• Jeffois
    Jeffois
    Community Member

Is it really so much easier than just syncing with Dropbox or iCloud? I sync with Dropbox, and never had trouble, and set up was pretty easy.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Jeffois: I agree that, for me, Dropbox setup is "easy". But you and I aren't most people, and even I feel like it's a chore to configure sync for individual vaults on each device. And the more vaults I use, the worse it gets. Sometimes it felt like I was being punished for being a power user. So while I still use Dropbox, I'm glad to be down to a single vault there, and let 1Password.com handle the rest. Saves me a lot of time. Definitely check it out. :)

• Jeffois
    Jeffois
    Community Member

And in that way, my setup is simple as well. I only have one vault. I'm not sure what benefit I'd get out of multiple vaults. Part of me wants to know, but at the same time, my setup is working, so I don't know if I need to work towards Power User status, what I have is working. I guess it comes down to whether it would improve my work flow at all.

Since my needs are relatively simple, I'm left with the belief that a subscription doesn't bring anything new to the table for me other than added cost.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2017

Fair enough. :) It is actually likely that, especially for folks that use multiple devices or want to share with their family or team, standalone licenses will be more expensive than a subscription in the long term. But I can understand your position.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.