1p 6.8 #680015 dumped my 1pMasterpassword!!! I can only access what is left under an earlier pw

jsch
jsch
Community Member

I just can't believe it. The unending mess starts with 1p updating to 6.8. The 1p Extension on Vivaldi 1.10 does not work any more. 1p proposes a manual procedure. It does not work. I reinstall the latest Vivaldi. Now Vivaldi complains it will work only with reduced features. Impossible to install 1p Extension as before. I load down 1p 6.8 #680015. After installing 1p does not accept my Master Password anymore. I try with an earlier version of the Master Password I happen to remember. 1p now opens and I get access to my earlier entries done many month ago, under the pw I believed 1p had replaced for the new one. How to regain control?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jsch! I'm very sorry about the trouble. Let's start by getting a bit more info from your Mac on what could be happening. Could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• jsch
    jsch
    Community Member

This is the support ID I got back from agilebits:

BAL-32536-982

• Thanks @jsch. We've received your report and will be responding via email shortly.

Ben

ref: BAL-32536-982

• jsch
    jsch
    Community Member

Thank you. The issue has been solved, basically. The origin of the problem was that I downloaded the most recent version from the internet, while my original 1p software was from the Applestore. This made appear two parallel copies, resulting in the said problems. I still wonder why the installation process was not alerting me about the existence of the two versions.

• It is possible, though not advisable, to have both the download from our website and the download from the App Store on the same computer. This will cause problems with the 1Password mini, especially if you have it set to run on startup, but there are some scenarios where it is desirable to have both. It would not be a common scenario for someone to attempt to have both.

I've responded to your other questions via email. Let's continue the conversation there. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.