1Password won't fill anymore

Comments

• SZGERGO
    SZGERGO
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

Hi,

I have the same issue here for a long time now. I don't know if it is important or not, but on iMac, I use the free version of 1Password (I bought it for iPhone in the Appstore though several years ago...).

I used to be able to use the "autofill" on my Macs but not anymore. When it was working, I went to the site I wanted to sign in, I logged in my 1Password extension in the browser (Safari and Chrome), clicked the site name in the 1Password extension and it filled my username and password on the site immediately. Now, I go to the site, I login to my 1Pass. extension, click on the site in the extension aaaaand, nothing in the world happens. NO - THING.

I am really confused right now and wondering if buying the 1Password plan for my mac would solve this problem. Btw, do I have to buy the yearly plan when I already bought your product for my iPhone a long time ago?

Thank you,

Gergo

• Hi @SZGERGO! Sorry about that. It sounds like an update may have changed things a bit. Could you restart your computer then try using 1Password in your browser? If that doesn't work, to get a better idea of what the issue is, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• SZGERGO
    SZGERGO
    Community Member

Hi @Jacob !

I will do that and send you a report, but I have this issue for months now and I had multiple updates since but the issue remained. First I thought that the reason is that I didnt subscribe to your payment plan because I bought it from appstore...

I did not change anything on any of my setups and it stopped working on all of my iMacs and Macbook in the same time (after an update if I can recall)...

thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @SZGERGO,

Before you use your time to create the diagnostic report I think we can resolve this in the forums based on what you've already told us.

I believe 1Password is in a trial expired state and you can confirm this by clicking on the 1Password icon in the macOS menu bar. With the 1Password mini menu visible do you see an entry in red text that references an expired trial? The reason I believe you will is we've never had a free version of 1Password for Mac. What did happen a couple of updates ago is we made how 1Password behaves with either a frozen 1Password account or expired trial more consistent and that included not filling.

An active 1Password account connected to the copies of 1Password would correct this and a 1Password account comes with a 30 day trial while you decide if you like what the subscription offers. @Jacob is quite knowledgable about the 1Password accounts so he can assist with any questions you have on it :smile:

You're not the first person that was under the impression that we had a free version of 1Password for Mac. I don't quite understand how we caused the confusion but you're certainly not the first who thought it. For as long as I've been a 1Password user though it's been a paid for application on the Mac.

• SZGERGO
    SZGERGO
    Community Member

Hi @littlebobbytables !

So, If I subscribe to one of your payment plans, it will resolve this issue?

• @SZGERGO That's correct. 1Password for Mac is a paid app, so it needs an active subscription to use all the features once the trial has ended.

This discussion has been closed.