list of sites popping up on top of 1password mini

davidedmondson
davidedmondson
Community Member

Using Safari, whenever I click on the 1password toolbar button a list of sites pops up, over the top of the normal 1password mini window.

If 1password is locked then I can authenticate to the underlying 1password mini window and use it, or just use it directly if already authenticated. However, I can't see what I'm doing, and presumably showing the list of sites in my vault pre-authentication is an information leak.

Tried the beta extension but it didn't make any difference. Similarly, removing all other extensions didn't help.

Any clues? It's very frustrating!

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.8
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• dlove
    dlove
    Community Member

I had a similar issue with 6.8, though in my case it was my credit cards that were always displayed (yes, even when I was logged out of 1Password). While that was happening, none of mini's shortcuts worked: attempts to copy a password or open preferences were met with a beep.

I ended up force-quitting 1Password mini from the Activity Monitor. After that, restarting 1Password normally resolved the issue for me.

There's definitely a bug in there somewhere.

• Hey @davidedmondson! Sorry about that. This sounds very similar to a bug we're working on fixing at the moment. The fix will be out in the next version of 1Password, so when that's released please let us know if the issue persists. Thank you! :)

ref: OPM-5166

• davidedmondson
    davidedmondson
    Community Member

Thanks @dlove, killing onepassword4-helper got things back to a working state.

• That's great to hear! :) If you have some other questions, feel free to let us know.

This discussion has been closed.