1Password for Mac not syncing

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password for Mac 6.8 update fails.

Comments

• vaillaw
    vaillaw
    Community Member
    Options

I have version 6.8 installed on MacBook with Safari, iPhone and office mac also with safari. The MacBook data is different than the iPhone and office mac. I have logged out, deleted and downloaded from site and still MacBook version is not syncing.

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @vaillaw! I'd e happy to help out. How are you syncing your devices right now? The best way to keep them in sync would be using a 1Password account. That's paid with a subscription, and it includes the latest version of all the 1Password apps so you don't have to worry about purchasing upgrades in the future. All your data is stored safely on 1Password.com behind a Secret Key and your Master Password so no one but you can access it. Check out this article for a bit more info about 1Password accounts.

Sync with them is seamless, and if there's ever an issue we can troubleshoot it very quickly since it's a system we built. With third-party sync services like Dropbox and iCloud, troubleshooting sync has a lot of variables, and we've tried to document them the best we can on our support website, so if you do want to troubleshoot things the best place to start would be there:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox

If you're having trouble syncing with iCloud

I'm very happy to help you set up a 1Password account and migrate your data to it if you want to take that route. We've got a great article to get you started as well:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Hope this helps! :)

• Vail6500
    Vail6500
    Community Member
    Options

Do you have a phone number I can call you on?

• Vail6500
    Vail6500
    Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

I have a subscription.

• Jacob
    Options

@Vail6500 At the moment, we’re not able to offer phone calls. We have a lot of wonderful users and want to respond to them all personally, so email is the best place for that. We also work to respond even faster on Twitter and in our support forum. Thanks for understanding.

Since you have a subscription, you should be able to sync your MacBook by signing in to your account there. If this isn't working, to get a better idea of what the issue is, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.