Every time I start my Mac, the 1Password Main Window is starting and asking for my fingerprint.

iphoneintosh
iphoneintosh
Community Member

Every time my MacBook Pro 2016 Touchbar finished booting, the 1Password Main Window (the main application) starts. I'm asked to authenticate with my fingerprint. I guess, the application is starting when the 1Password Mini application starts. How can I deactivate the start of the main application? I just want the 1Password Mini agent to start after booting.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Local
Referrer: forum-search:The 1Password Main Windows opens every time, I start my Mac.

Comments

• @iphoneintosh,

Thanks for writing in with your question. There are a couple scenarios where this might happen, did you add 1Password to your Login Items list in System Preferences -> Users & Groups -> Login Items ?

Another possible scenario is that when you shutdown/restarted you left the "reopen windows" checkbox ticked on the dialog apple presents just before shutting down.

A third possibility is that you have a onepassword:// URL pasted into the Notes.app which is autolaunching and causing it to load that URL as part of its display of data.

Rudy

• iphoneintosh
    iphoneintosh
    Community Member

Hey,

thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately every possible scenario you explained did not solve my problem.
    I have checked the startup items in the System Preferences, unchecked the "reopen windows" checkbox and my Notes.app does not contain any onepassword:// URL.

Another point is that if I uninstall 1Password and reinstall it, the problem is temporarily solved. But after multiple days, 1Password starts to launch again after booting.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@iphoneintosh: That's really odd. The fact that reinstalling helps makes me think there's a deeper issue, since 1Password won't on its own change its behaviour over time. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#VFP-62697-224]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: VFP-62697-224

• iphoneintosh
    iphoneintosh
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

@brenty: Unfortunately, reinstalling 1Password does not help anymore. I tried to install a fresh copy of 1Password from the Mac App Store and restarted my Mac. Same issue occurred: 1Password keeps starting and asking to authenticate. Yesterday, I sent you an diagnostic mail with subject [#VFP-62697-224] to support@agilebits.com .

Thanks for your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@iphoneintosh: Likewise, thanks for sending it! We can continue the conversation via email. We'll take a look and get back to you shortly!

ref: VFP-62697-224

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@iphoneintosh: Actually, I'm going to as a dumb question I should have earlier. Just to clarify, when you shutdown/restart your Mac, do you 1) have the main 1Password app running, and 2) tell macOS to "Reopen windows when logging back in"? I don't want to take anything for granted.

• iphoneintosh
    iphoneintosh
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks for your help. I will check my mails for your assistance.

No, I do not have the main 1Password App running, just the 1Password Mini in the menu bar. I also don't have Reopen Windows checked. Furthermore, I checked all my Startup Agents and items and found nothing, that seemed to cause the Problem of opening 1Password when starting the Mac.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for double checking. I'll get back to you via email shortly!

This discussion has been closed.