A few thoughts on Guest accounts

Options
Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member

I'm currently playing around with Guest accounts and like the feature so far. There are however two things that "bug" me:
1. When Guests have not been assigned to a vault, they see a place holder that's called "Shared Vaults". What I don't like about that is that on that placeholder, the guest can see who's a member of the family, albeit only Firstname and Lastname. I would prefer if Guests would only see the place holder without the family members

1. When someone has already shared a vault with a particular guest, you have no way of telling who has shared this vault. When you try to also share a vault with that guest, you only get the error message that guests can only have one vault. OK, you can get this info as a family organizer, but I would find it helpful, if you could get a message like "Family Member xyz already has shared a vault to this guest".

Any opinions on this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @Manaburner! Thanks for letting us know how things are going. :) I'd be happy to answer your questions.

When Guests have not been assigned to a vault, they see a place holder that's called "Shared Vaults". What I don't like about that is that on that placeholder, the guest can see who's a member of the family, albeit only Firstname and Lastname. I would prefer if Guests would only see the place holder without the family members

Indeed, that's something we'd like to remove down the road. I'll let the team know you asked about it.

ref: B5-2779

When someone has already shared a vault with a particular guest, you have no way of telling who has shared this vault. When you try to also share a vault with that guest, you only get the error message that guests can only have one vault. OK, you can get this info as a family organizer, but I would find it helpful, if you could get a message like "Family Member xyz already has shared a vault to this guest".

Just to clarify, are you looking for an indication of what other family member shared the vault with the guest or what vault has already been shared with them? You can see who gives another person access to a vault in 1Password Teams, but 1Password Families is meant for personal use so advanced features like that aren't included.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jacob,

Just to clarify, are you looking for an indication of what other family member shared the vault with the guest or what vault has already been shared with them?

I think it would be sufficient to know who has already shared a vault with the guest. Then you can talk to that person, because you're in a family after all :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Haha good point! Thanks for that suggestion! :)

This discussion has been closed.