where does 1 password sync to on mac pro, logins missing after restart this am. sync grayed out

paul_villaire
paul_villaire
Community Member

Restarted my mac pro this morning and then opened 1 password. The usual sign in box with just my password did not open up, what appeared was a 1 passwords window with giving option for new registration or sign in with e-mail, security key, and password. I went to my emergency kit and got my key opened 1 password and all my logins were missing. I went to my drop box and imported logins, but they were from a previous version of 1 password. I am am using password 6. It also asked if I wanted to upgrade to version 6.8 which I did. How can I get my previous logins for version 6. I went to the help tab and clicked troubleshooting and was going to sync , but that is grayed out also.
Thank you,

Paul

Comments

• paul_villaire
    paul_villaire
    Community Member

Follow up after posting the below info: I went back to try to sync under preferences, but there is no sync. I read that it must be because it is not a stand alone vault and my account with agilebits is where my logins are stored. If that is that case why didn't my logins show up after logging in this morning? How can I recover them??????? Please assist.

Paul

Restarted my mac pro this morning and then opened 1 password. The usual sign in box with just my password did not open up, what appeared was a 1 passwords window with giving option for new registration or sign in with e-mail, security key, and password. I went to my emergency kit and got my key opened 1 password and all my logins were missing. I went to my drop box and imported logins, but they were from a previous version of 1 password. I am am using password 6. It also asked if I wanted to upgrade to version 6.8 which I did. How can I get my previous logins for version 6. I went to the help tab and clicked troubleshooting and was going to sync , but that is grayed out also.
    Thank you,

Paul

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:logins are missing

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@paul_villaire: It sounds like you've multiple 1Password apps installed and/or local/1Password.com vaults. Can you check that? If you've opened a different one that what you've been using, you may have a different setup there. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine what's going on:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#YPT-37217-658]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: YPT-37217-658

• paul_villaire
    paul_villaire
    Community Member

brenty,

I just sent the diagnostic report. Thank you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I've merged your other post here as well. We'll keep the conversation going via email to avoid confusion. :)

• paul_villaire
    paul_villaire
    Community Member

Ok. Just to clarify I have 2 1password apps installed. An older version ( icon has a paintbrush) which was synced with my dropbox, and the newer version 1password 6. It is the 1password6 version where my logins are missing. The only logins in there now are the ones I imported from dropbox from the old version.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@paul_villaire: I've just replied via email. Let's keep the conversation there as we work on this.

This discussion has been closed.