1PW dialog/interface is transparent

gulture
gulture
Community Member

Hi:

I’ve used 1Password for years and recommend it to all my clients.

For one of my client's MacBooks, 1PW becomes transparent or is a ghost (see enclosed).

This happens mostly while she is running Apple Mail.

If she quits all apps, then 1PW can be seen OK.

Perplexing…

Thanks.

Frank

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:transparent

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gulture: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! That reminds me of some similar issues we saw what was probably years ago involving 3rd party software and display drivers. Is it only 1Password where this is exhibiting itself? Are the any other conditions you notice? I' definitely start by updating to the latest macOS release (10.12.6) as it contains a lot of critical fixes and may also help if there's a display issue, but certainly it's possible that 1Password is simply damaged and installing a fresh copy might help. Let me know what you find!

• gulture
    gulture
    Community Member

Thanks @brenty. I only work onsite there on Tuesday's, but will try that then. It's kinda funny...

:-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gulture: Ah, gotcha. Let me know if you find anything. I think I'd agree that it's funny/cool except from the screenshot it looks like it may render 1Password and/or apps under it unusable. If the issue persists, definitely send us a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to see if we can determine the cause:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and post the Support ID you receive here we can track it down and take a look!

• gulture
    gulture
    Community Member

@brentyMany thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.