I keep getting the 1password failed to connect to mini.

dajhnsn
dajhnsn
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Mac

macbook pro OS 10.12.6, chrome 59.0.3071.117 1password 6.8 (680015). I did a spotlight search and can only find one 1 password app. I have downloaded from the site the update almost hourly. This results in the application running without mini. After I shut down the computer, same old bs. Not only is the mini not in the top ribbon I get the same frustrating "1password failed to....". Any idea of what is going on. My IT dept did do a OS update last week and indeed that seems to be when the poop started to happen. Again I can only log in after each new download and only if I don't turn off the laptop. Interestingly enough while it is up with lastest update, after logging in (ONE TIME) then regardless of how many times I quit it or force quit it, all I have to open it is click on the app and no password is needed and my "secure" information is there for all to see. So most of the time I can't use it unless I download it again, then I can't require it me to make my log in again after the initial login, the app just blossoms on the double click.

Help

1Password Version: 6.8 (680015)
Extension Version: 4.6.8.90
OS Version: OS 10.12.6
Sync Type: google?? not using iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password mini won't load I have updated multiple times

Comments

• Hi @dajhnsn

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Have you discussed these difficulties with your IT department at all? It would be interesting to hear if they have any take on this, especially seeing as it sounds as though the issues started last time they worked on the system.

Either way, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#WDM-26641-619]

(for anyone else reading: this support ID is unique to dajhnsn)

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

Thanks.

Ben

ref: WDM-26641-619

• dajhnsn
    dajhnsn
    Community Member

Seems to be working now. The miracle of "whining"??? Will contact if it the same thing happens again. But today after being off and then back on.........all is fine.

• Thanks for the update @dajhnsn. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.