To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Suggestions for Key and Master

Options
toobs
toobs
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Memberships

I have a suggestion for the team and before @Ben gives me the riot act, just hear me out :). It seems like some of us forget our master password and forget to print out the key. How about the team makes an one time exe file that can reveal out key and master password when a customer is in a total panic and needs help immediately. This exe can only be used once and then after that, you are out of luck. Surely our key and master password is stored locally and this will solve so many problem at retrieving the key and master.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member
    Options

Just think about it before flaming me that this is an terrible idea. Like one time token to get your stuff back.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @toobs!

No riot act. ;) But in most cases what you are requesting is not possible. We do not normally store your Master Password even on your device. There are some exceptions, such as if you've got Touch ID enabled on iOS.

The Secret Key on the other hand is already accessible and in fact that is one of the ways we recommend retrieving it if you lose it:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

:)

Ben

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member
    Options

HAHA, I'm just kidding around with you Ben. In my case, Touch ID doesn't work because I cannot use my hands with any of my devices. It's too bad because I'm always typing in my Master Password. I'm also paranoid that I will forget my Master and surely my Key, so I have multiple copies in different places. If I need to contact support for help, that means that something went totally wrong and let's not hope

Just a suggestion. Maybe in the next gen of 1PW?

• Ben
    Options

Certainly there is always a balance to strike when trying to avoid having folks unintentionally lock themselves out of their data and keeping their data safe from bad guys. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.