Can't use TouchID because 1Password thinks my laptop is closed

Tam-Lin
Tam-Lin
Community Member

The main 1Password program (but not the browser plugins) is refusing to unlock via TouchID on my 2016 MacBook Pro because it tells me that 1Password doesn't work with TouchID when the laptop is closed. The laptop isn't closed, and other forms of TouchID unlocking, like unlocking the laptop itself, work. Any idea how to fix this? It's been consistent across reboots.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.6
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Tam-Lin,

I apologize for the difficulties you're having with Touch ID. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#ENB-18941-962]

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Cheers!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• bournerj
    bournerj
    Community Member

I have the same issue - will a fix be issued?

Thanks.

• Hi @bournerj,

As far as I'm aware this is only the 2nd report we've had of this behavior. We have not yet received the diagnostics we requested from the other poster.

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#YBE-58966-392]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

Thanks.

Ben

ref: YBE-58966-392

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2017

Hi folks,

After reviewing bournerj's diagnostics and speaking with our development team we have this fixed up in the latest beta version, and if all goes well it'll be in the next release of 1Password for Mac. If you're the adventurous type you could install the beta and see if it resolves the issue for you:

Use 1Password beta releases - 1Password Support

If you aren't, I'd recommend waiting for the next public release. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• bmcfee
    bmcfee
    Community Member

Hi, just letting you know I have also encountered the same issue. Interestingly it is intermittent, but only a recent occurrence. Looking forward to the next public release to fix that.

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.