Reformatted my computer, now I'm missing vaults

reelfish
reelfish
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Mac

I just reformatted my computer (after backing it up with Time Machine of course). I just reinstalled 1password for Mac and Dropbox.

Dropbox finished syncing my 1password folder. I opened one password, and pointed it to the dropbox file.

Upon opening 1password for Mac, I only see my Primary vault. I had 2 other vaults! the passwords from those vaults aren't here! where are they?! what happened to my other vaults??

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:new computer missing vaults

Comments

• reelfish
    reelfish
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

Solved my problem. The other vaults were there, in my 1password dropbox folder (I just had to look...). However, they weren't imported by default. Why?

Also, they are .opvault file types/format. I had to double click them to bring them back into 1password.

Also, is there any way to convert my 1password agilekeychain to an .opvault?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the update.

Solved my problem. The other vaults were there, in my 1password dropbox folder (I just had to look...). However, they weren't imported by default. Why?

Each local vault is separate, so when you did this...

Dropbox finished syncing my 1password folder. I opened one password, and pointed it to the dropbox file.

You only told 1Password to use that one. It isn't going to automatically suck in every vault in Dropbox. For many of us, that's the stuff of nightmares. ;)

And also, the vault you setup first will determine the Master Password you use to unlock 1Password, so it's important that 1Password leaves vault/sync setup up to the user in these cases.

Also, they are .opvault file types/format. I had to double click them to bring them back into 1password.

Yep! You can also do it by creating a new vault within the app and then selecting the existing vault when you setup sync for it, but that's a great shortcut to adding them.

Also, is there any way to convert my 1password agilekeychain to an .opvault?

Yep! Just follow this guide:

How to switch to the OPVault format from Agile Keychain

Just be aware that you'll need to disable sync and set it up on each device with the new vault for each one. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.