My FireFox extension stopped working today...after running FireFox 54.0.1 for weeks with no problems

GeorgeRudd
GeorgeRudd
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Mac

I have reinstalled a fresh copy of FireFox 54.0.1 with no extensions. I have tried both the normal release and beta 4.6.9.2 but I can no longer get either of them to work. The plugin is active and I can see it in my browser bar but it's dimmed and does not respond to clicks.

Chrome running on the same computer appears to be working normally but I did notice that it stopped working earlier today until I updated Chrome to the latest release...which seems a bit odd considering I have not upgraded my 1PW application recently...unless it somehow auto-updated itself.

Please advise. Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.7 (670008)
Extension Version: Beta 4.6.9.2
OS Version: 10.11.6

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@GeorgeRudd: It looks like you're running the latest version of the 1Password extension, but an old version of both Firefox and 1Password for Mac. This will not work. Please install the latest version of Firefox and 1Password:

https://firefox.com

https://1password.com/downloads/

That should work much better for you. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• GeorgeRudd
    GeorgeRudd
    Community Member

I resolved the problem a few minutes after I posted my question but your site is moderating my posts for some strange reason and I was not able to delete my question or post my own answer.

I have been a registered user for years...what's up with the moderated posts?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@GeorgeRudd: Ah, sorry about that. Thanks for letting me know. I really couldn't tell you. The spam filtering is automated, so it may be something as silly as the IP address you have now was flagged previously. But it doesn't help that you apparently never verified your account when you signed up. So I've done this for you here. Hopefully that will make it a bit easier for you going forward. Anyway, glad to hear that all is well again. We're here if you need anything else!

• GeorgeRudd
    GeorgeRudd
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome! Take it easy. :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.