Language and order differences between macOS, iOS and Android (categories)

hnnnng
hnnnng
Community Member

Hi,

being a 1PW user for years, I today updated my standalone versions to the subscription model and by updating all my devices I recognized that the versions aren't completely harmonised as you probably know.

I would like to point out two differences:

• Categories are ordered differently
  • While the Android version is completely translated to German, the macOS and iOS versions are mixing English and German

To visualize the differences, here are some quickly-made pictures:

Are there any plans to completely translate the macOS/iOS versions? And, more important for me, will you reorder the categories on Android in a future version?

Thanks in advance and best regards
Henning

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8 (680014) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.5 (16F73)
Sync Type: 1PW

Comments

• Hi @hnnnng

Thanks for the detailed feedback and screenshots. Yes, we are aware of the lack of proper translation throughout the apps (including the web app). We are working toward having the entirety of the apps translated, as well as toward consistency in the interface (e.x. the category sort order). These are, admittedly, long term goals, though. It is unlikely that they will change in the short term.

We use CrowdIn for translations. If you'd be interested in contributing to that effort we'd welcome your contributions:

1Password on Crowdin

Thanks.

Ben

ref: OPA-1206

• @hnnnng

I've just spoken with one of my colleagues who works on the translations. She indicated that German is actually 100% translated already. We're just waiting on the 1Password.com service itself to be localizable so that we can apply the translations to it. So we're actually a little closer than I thought, but we are still missing a critical component that must be completed before we can deliver proper translations.

Ben

• hnnnng
    hnnnng
    Community Member

Hi @Ben

first I would like to thank you for responding! Yesterday I took a look at Crowdin and yes, German seems to be translated 100% (even the Windows versions seems to have a decent translation). I suspected that because Android uses the correct translation already.

So I'm glad to hear that you're working on consistency and looking forward for a future update. If you need help/verification regarding any German translation I'm happy to help.

Thank you
    Henning

• Thanks for the offer Henning! :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.