How do I log into my 1password account if I have a license?

popfizz
popfizz
Community Member

My old macbook has died on me and I need to add 1password to my new account. I follow the links that I was originally given with my receipt to download 1password for Mac and then I select the link to Apply 1password license and it has a pop up window that says I am licensed but yet I still cannot access 1password. The only options I have are to sync with dropbox and icloud but it doesnt work. Any help would be great as I need to access some sites ASAP.

1Password Version: 1password for mac
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• popfizz
    popfizz
    Community Member

To clarify, I need to add my 1password to my new Macbook.

• Hi @popfizz

I'm sorry to hear about your MacBook.

A 1Password.com membership is not included with a license. Membership is a subscription service, and is the only 'account' we offer. As such unless you have subscribed to a 1Password membership you wouldn't have an account to log in to.

When using 1Password with a standalone (non-membership) license your data is stored only on your device, by default. If you had previously set up syncing you can set up the same sync method on your new MacBook:

Sync your 1Password data

If you had not previously set up syncing, or made a backup of your 1Password data, you'd need to recover your data from the old MacBook's drive.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• popfizz
    popfizz
    Community Member

So I have it synced to my iphone. Can I not sync using the synced data on my iphone?

• Yes, you can. You'd need to set up both the iPhone and the new Mac using the same sync service following the guide above.

:)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.